Microwave-making-weird-noise-and-not-heating, if your microwave is making an unusual or loud humming noise, you may have a problem with the magnetron. this component is part of the high voltage circuit and provides the microwaves that generate the heat. if the magnetron is defective, it may cause a loud humming or buzzing noise. access to the magnetron will require removal of the cabinet.. Is your microwave noisy? a microwave making unusual noises is a common problem for many people. having a noisy microwave can be very frustrating. find out what the 6 main causes are for a noisy microwave oven and discover some simple solutions to fix the problem., the magnetron is what produces the microwaves and two wires plug into its porcelain-looking terminal are. remove the wires (note which goes to which as it does make a difference) and run the microwave. if it is quiet then the mag is bad. ask your own appliance question.
View this repair: http://www.appliancevideo.com/kitchenaid-khms155lbt0-microwave-diagnostic-repair-will-not-heat-loud-noise-when-running/ visit us at http://..., if your microwave is making noise, use our troubleshooting guide to check the magnetron, cooling fan, and high voltage diode. learn to repair a noisy microwave..
Watch the microwave during use. if there is no light when the microwave is in operation but it heats food properly without noise or odors, the bulb is burned out and should be replaced., if your microwave is making a loud humming noise, first check to see if it still heats efficiently. often, the humming noise is associated with a microwave malfunction.. Whether you’re warming up last night’s leftovers or defrosting ground beef for tonight’s dinner, your microwave saves you from wasting a large amount of time in the kitchen. unfortunately, this useful tool can also cause you problems when it begins to emit unfamiliar noises. while many people avoid microwave repair by purchasing a new appliance at the first sign of trouble, taking ..., microwave ovens generate high voltages (thousands of volts) and dangerous amounts of radio-frequency radiation. attempting to repair one is not for the amateur tinkerer. i advise recycling or trashing it and getting a new one (they don't cost much these days.) - ge microwave oven