Fine Your Idea

Microwave-making-humming-noise-not-heating, my ge profile spacemaker 2.0 started to hum a bit louder and now makes no heat. i followed the ge troubleshooting flow-chart and it points to the magnetron, but the resistance checks (continuity pin-to-pin, open pins-to-case & no sign of any arcing or cracks in magnets).. High voltage capacitor. a capacitor is an electrical device which stores electricity. a defective capacitor may be why your microwave is not heating but you are hearing a buzzing or humming noise., if your microwave is making an unusual or loud humming noise, you may have a problem with the magnetron. this component is part of the high voltage circuit and provides the microwaves that generate the heat. if the magnetron is defective, it may cause a loud humming or buzzing noise. access to the magnetron will require removal of the cabinet..

If your microwave is making a loud humming or buzzing noise, it may mean the magnetron is not working properly. the magnetron is part of the high voltage circuit that generates heat in the microwave., view this repair: http://www.appliancevideo.com/kitchenaid-khms155lbt0-microwave-diagnostic-repair-will-not-heat-loud-noise-when-running/ visit us at http://.... If you hear a humming noise when the microwave receives no power, the transformer may be emitting the sound. the transformer provides power to the clock, and the humming noise will sound subtle. you can hear this sound only if you listen to the appliance closely. if the humming sound is loud, the exterior fan may be functioning., is your microwave noisy? a microwave making unusual noises is a common problem for many people. having a noisy microwave can be very frustrating. find out what the 6 main causes are for a noisy microwave oven and discover some simple solutions to fix the problem..

If the microwave does not heat, the humming is likely caused by a malfunction of one of three parts: the power diode, high voltage capacitor, or magnetron. 1) power diode — this is an electronic component that readily passes current in one direction only and blocks the flow of current in the opposing direction., microwave ovens generate high voltages (thousands of volts) and dangerous amounts of radio-frequency radiation. attempting to repair one is not for the amateur tinkerer. i advise recycling or trashing it and getting a new one (they don't cost much these days.) - ge microwave oven


web hit counter