Burnt-popcorn-smell-in-microwave-oven, the smell of burnt popcorn is strong and can linger in your microwave for a long time. every time you use the microwave, you’ll be reminded again of that popcorn you let pop for too long. fortunately, there are a few things you can do to get rid of the smell once and for all. method 1. Let the bowl sit in the closed microwave for half an hour then, if the burnt smell persists, continue to step 5. still bad odors in your microwave? leave an open box of baking soda on your microwave tray overnight. it will neurtalize the odor without adding to the smelly situation in any way., removing burnt popcorn smell from a microwave is possible, but it’s a multi-step process. not only must you clean the interior surfaces of your microwave, you must also absorb the odor that has gotten into the fan and inner workings of the appliance. you may need the following supplies to get the task done right:.
Baking soda is a powerful deodorizer and should be able to effectively knock out any remaining popcorn smells. mix a big spoonful of baking soda into a shallow bowl of water, so that that the mixture is thick but still liquid. microwave the bowl for about 5 minutes, then let it sit in the microwave for about an hour., burnt popcorn – the bane of microwaves everywhere, not only leaves a horrendous smell, it also stains the inside of your microwave. whether in the break room at work, or your own kitchen, there is hope for removing the odor and restoring the inside. what you will need: 100% pure acetone (nail polish remover).
If left unattended, however, those microwaved items such as popcorn burn or overheat so quickly that by the time you notice, it's already too late. what's left is a burnt smell that lingers long..., each of those cleaned the microwave of the first layer of carbon from the burned popcorn but did not take care of the smell nor the yellow stain. the yellow stain was removed only by the acetone free nail polish remover, which i tried in a small spot first because i thought for sure the paint enamel would peel right off.